Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

This is the Standard by which all other electric guitars are judged by as far as I'm concerned.I know use this through a 1997 USA made, Crate GX-65 combo which seems to compliment this guitar quite well.If you have the 5 way Switch in settings besides 2 & 4, then you will get some pup hum, which is quite the norm for single coils.Other than that, the tone on this guitar is simply the best for it's price range.The Stratocaster is like a woman, set it up right and it'll treat you good, abuse it, and you'll have hell to pay!

I have been playing for over 35 years and my rig consists of this guitar, Crate GX-65 combo, and a Danelectro Fab Chorus and Flange pedal.That's all I need to do some damage with.If this was stolen or damamged I would definately get another one to replace it.I couldn't see myself playing anything else but a Fender Strat.They're the innovators and not the immitators of rock n' roll!

I have owned this guitar for a year and a half now, and have used it at well over 50 shows and it is a true workhorse.This is a well amde, solidly built instrument which will last you a lifetime providing that you take care of it.I do not need a backup when I'm out on stage with this, although I am considering getting another one, preferably with the Artic White finish and a Maple fretboard.This is the best guitar around for it's price and with all the upgrades that Fender added, jumbo frets, shielded compartment, thicker trem block, it's easy to see why this is a top seller.

This where I have to give a lower grade only because mine was on display for over a few months and because of that, people would come in and try it out, therefore messing with the settings.When I bought this, I immediately did a intonation check, lowered the action, adjusted the truss rod, put on a white pearloid pickguard, and changed the bridge saddles to graphite ones which keep it in tune a lot better and also add more tone to it.

This is a 2nd review for this great guitar.Mine is a 2006 Sunburst Standard with a rosewood fretboard, 22 frets, Alder body, 5 way Switch and all the new upgrades that Fender had put on these models 2 years ago.Mine came with a heavy duty deluxe gig bag, which I've since sold so I could get a hardshell case for.