Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Purchased from: GAK

Hmmm I still wonder today why I bought this guitar, I play mostly metal and rock and some classic metal and occasionally some blues (Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Satriani and all alike). This guitar is really, REALLY not made for metal, however it is the most beautiful sounding thing on clean channels and light distortion, however when I am on modern/ hi gain channels it caannot give me the meaty beefy sound I want however I do not blame this on anyone but myself because this guitar is not made for metal but anything else it really is amazing for. The sound is very bright and smooth. The main thing I like about this guitar is that it has amazing tonal variety between the very crisp trebly bridge pickup to the nice warm neck pickup.

This guitar does not suit my style of music very much and I most likely would not buy it again if it was lost however that is only because of my style of music. I have been playing for three years I own a les paul with a tele style neck which I assembled myself it's cool, I have a Peavey vypr 15. I love the feel of it (not including the bridge) and how its so comfortable, I wish it had a meatier tone but what the hey its not an Ibanez or a Jackson!

This guitar would survive being dropped of a cliff except it would really go out of tune... Thats probably its weakest point it doesn't last longer than two three songs before the tuning is out. The strap buttons are very solid I have not put strap locks on and still I can throw this thing over my head without my strap coming off! I would and have used this live, no problem although I did bring backup with different tuning.

When I got the guitar it was well set up, no buzz at all. However the action was a bit high for my taste so I lowered a bit which spouted a new problem which was that now the bridge scrapes away at my hand when I am palm muting! The pickups were all even but a bit low so I raised them and now I get a bit of a better sound. The finish is amazing, it would not scratch if well I scratched it with something sharp. There were no flaws when I bought this guitar.

Made in Mexico in 2009, I got it literally as soon as it came into stock out of the factory. It has got 21 jumbo frets, a rosewood fingerboard, a maple neck, and it is Standard Fender neck scale (25.5"). The body is alder, I bought this with the midnight wine finish which is really awesome! The body is... Well a strat. The bridge is a Vintage style tremolo made by fender. The pickups are 3 Fender Standard Strat single coils. It has one volume and two tone controls. The tuners are fender/ping non locking tuners. It came with 2 allen keys a gig bag and an instruction manual.