Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

This guitar is possibly the most versatile guitar I have ever played. For instance, I am a great love of Heavy Metal, yet some people percieve the Fender as more of a blues/jazz/rock and roll guitar however even though it does play these genres of music exceptional it also (through the right amp) is one of the fullest, metal sounds I have heard. I play it through my Line 6 Spider III 75watt and it is fantastic. Without a doubt this guitar can sound like anything you want it to sound like!

I play Metal, so you would expect the first choice of guitar manufacturer would be B.C Rich, Jackson, Dean etc however the Strat is extremely versatile and can do just as good job as any of these metal guitar manufacturers. I have had it for almost a year now and I hasn't had a glitch, I have been playing properly for nearlly 2 years now so I would be seen as a guitar novice. If it was to be stolen I would most definitely invest in another Fender Strat HSS or possibly an Ibanez. What I love most about this guitar is the general "feel" of it, I mean I have played Les Paul's and they just don't feel as nice to play on. I do however wish it has another double pickup on the neck due to how much kick it gives on the bridge pickup. What do I hate about this Guitar? Nothing! it's amazing!

The guitar in the department is flawless and I would most definately take it gigging without a back up, as I already have. I have had no problems with it in the how durable it is. I have accidentally dropped it a few times, and it has not been knocked out of tune or dented at all, I've been quite amazed how strong it is.

The Guitar itself is fantastic and is exactly how I ordered it without any mistakes. The pickups are fantastic however there were two flaws with the guitar and they were that there is slight bits of residue on the fretboard and the pick ups did not look "new" whether this was due to transportation or not I do not know. These flaws however do not effect hot the guitar feels and how well it plays.

Fender Stratocaster HSS (Mexico). Made in 2006. 21 Frets. Rosewood Fretboard. Ash Body. Black Body with a White Scratchplate/Pickguard. Fender Standard Bridge. Volume, 2 Tone dials. 5 way switch. With the guitar I recieved a Whammy Bar and Gig Bag.