Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Purchased from: Perfect Pitch

Well the stock pickup doesn't suit my style but I always liked how the 5 way selector Switch functions. I can get that mellow tone but 1 click away I can get that bright tone. I plan to replace the bridge pickups for some hot rails from Seymour Duncan. I also play blues but not that much. I play metal rocks and blues. I think your all thinking that I should get a lespaul but I feel more comfortable with a Strat. I use my Strat to a Marshall MG15CD and a Korg AX3000G. if you put it on the 5th 3rd and 1st position. it has a annoying hum but the 4th and 2nd position is hum canceling. I like the bell sound that it produces when it's on the neck. I don't use the bridge pickup because of the super bright and thin sound it produces.

I believe that the only thing that hinders me to play 100% to this guitar is just the pickups. if I had the money which I'll get in a few months it could be the best guitar for me at the meantime. well I wish I'd get an American std but the price is to high, I can't afford it..if this was stolen, I would get a Fender american Standard and put hot rails on the bridge and 1 dmarzio area 58 on the neck position and leave the middle pickup as it is. I compared it with a Epiphone lespaul not sure what kind of LP it is but I like the sound of the LP than the Strat but what really took my attention was the versatility of Fender stratocasters. I just needed to change the pickups so I can get it to be my own:)well for the last thing I wish it had is, I wish it had a free hardcase:p but it had a gigbag instead, well too bad.

I just have this guitar for 1 month now. I hope it'll last long:D like all those relics I see. the hardware seems to be good. I already bumped my guitar a bunch of times but not that hard. the finish is still like Brandnew. the strap buttons are a bit good but I prefer locking tuners because I always throw the guitar around my body. like all the punk bands are doing.

well when I got the guitar. it's set up was ok but not the best. so when I bought the guitar, I left it on the store and said to the technician there to fix everything to my liking. I gave HIM the specs that I want well he nailed it. I really like how the guitar is setup, it's like my own personal brand of guitar. my only problem is the pickup. it doesn't really go well with the genre of music I play but if your into blues and some country. the Vintage sounding pickups are good.

It's made in Mexico just like what it says in it's head stock. it has 21 Vintage style frets. My mexican Strat was made I think on 2006 - present because of the new Fender Logo it has. it has a Maple neck, Modern C Shape, (Satin Polyurethane Finish), Maple finger board, 9.5 Radius (241 mm), but it's also available in rosewood. and a Alder body. it has 3 Standard Single-Coil Strat Pickups (Ceramic Magnets), 3 controls Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup), 5 way seletor Switch, Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo, Fender/Ping Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines. The hardware is Chrome, pickguard is 3-ply white, scale length is 25.5 (648 mm) and width at nut is 1.650 (42 mm). it's unique feature is Vintage Styling, when I got it the stock strings was a Fender Super Bullets 3250L, Nickel Plated Steel, (.009 to.042). it has a free gig bag. I was expecting a hardcase.