Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Off the floor its not all that, but with a few changes, it's now my fav guitar. I use it with a JCM900, a Fender Frontman and a Epiphone Jr. It sounds great through all of them. I tend to add a distortion box on the epi if I want to play at real low volumes. But once you crank it up, it drives it real nice. With my wiring changes I can get a Tele sound, a Humbucker sound and of course the single coil sound. I also get a out of phase sound with the addition of a push pull Switch I added to it.

I play classic rock, acdc, beatles, stones, and this guitar can do them all. I rewired it to allow a thicker sound and added a phase Switch to give me that Pink floyd intro to confort num sound. I never like the humbucker sound, so I never looked at any other guitar. Single coil baby, it was good enough for Jimi, stevie, Eric and Jeff Beck, so I guess it's good enough for me... Would I buy it again Hell yes!!!

You cant beat it, I got this so I could store my old Elite away. I have not missed the Elite at all in fact this is so much lighter that I can play for hours now. I play it live all the time and have never had any trouble with it. I use it without a back up into my JCM900.

Great finish, it looks great in Black. I liked the setup that it came with, I had to change the pickups to eliminate noise amd magnet pull, so now the sustain is forever and the sound is sweet. I also had to shield it to help eliminate noise. I record with it and I hate noise. Mission accomplished.

Yr 2008 I had the guitar for five mins and realized it needed better noise elimanation. I opened it up and shielded it, that helped but it was still way to noisy for me. I then bought a set of Lace pickups. One red, silver and Blue. I put those in and not only did the noise go away but the sound improved considerable.