Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

I play all types of music, but was trained in the jazz style but I can play just about everything on this guitar, great range in sound with the 5 way switch. I heard people diss the pick ups but these are really great and I wouldn't even think about spending extra money to change them out. I play through a mid 70's Kustom 3 lead SC, what a great combo and great range of sound. Like I said I have LOTS of Vintage guitars and playing from one to the other I have to say this guitars holds its own and is really sweet. I have been playing guitar for over 30 years and have lots of great guitars pass though my hands and I have to say this guitar surprised the hell out of me, its a gem!

I play a lot of loud fast noise to smooth funky jazz inspired stuff, this guitar can handle it all. I have played around 30 years and have seen lots of great guitars, is this the best thing out there, no, but it's a really nice guitar and far better than what I expected. Does it compare to an american Strat, yes and no, it's pretty damn close and a fraction of the cost, some day these will be in damand cause I think they will stand the test of time. it's the next step in a Tradition and a fine step it has been. I only collect Vintage guitars and the idea of buying something new wasn't in my mind but when I saw this beauty hanging in the window I had to go in and try her, within seconds I knew I had to have this guitar, and for 200 bucks it was well worth it. I will keep this guitar and if lost or stolen... Well I have many guitars, but I would def get another MIM Strat, in fact I have started to look for more. I have Fender mustangs that I purchased years ago for under 100 bucks and they are all now worth over 1000 bucks. I think these MIM starts will do the same thing some day. Def worth the investment! Shop around on ebay, pawn shops and craigslist, these pop up all the time and are really reasonable, but the prices are slowly starting to rise, but these guitars are fun, great necks, great sound a joy to play!

I would play this live and believe it would stand up to hard playing. I'm hard on my guitars, I'm not a light player by any means and I have taken a few guitars to hell and back and I think this guitar would make the trip just fine. I have to admit, I was expecting a cheap feel and look from the MIM strats but this guitar is beyond anything I expected... it's SWEET!

Like I said I bought this at a pawn shop so it I have no idea how it was set when purchased, I only have a few adjustments for my personal taste and feel but other than that this guitar plays great. All the features are solid and sound the only thing I could even say, and its minor, is that the 5 way Switch makes a bit of noise when switching but its minor. Holds tune well even after heavy bending and hard playing, great stock features.

I found this 2004 MIM Strat hanging in a pawn shop window and just had to have it and it was only 200 bucks. Its artic white with white pick guard and rosewood fingerboard. 5 way slector and stock pups. Satin finish on the neck. Its a beauty, and comming from a guy Who only plays Vintage guitars that is a high compliment. I heard alot of negative things about MIM guitars but I have to say this guitar rises high above any thing negative I have heard.