Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Purchased from: empire music

this is an hss standard meaning it has 1 humbucker and two single coils hence HSS. I use it with a Crate which can play either clean or distorted. The pickups allow it to have everything from a pretty heavy rock sound to a supreme clean tone. Both have very full sounds, and fairly bright. Also have a wah pedal which it sounds great on.

classic guitar and Icon used among a vast array of styles and talents. Find a good used one if you think its too expensive. I compared it with a Telecaster which played too bright of a sound. I'm attracted to the Strat everytime i walk into the room and find myself playing more variety and more often in general. Probably will never need another guitar again

it's a Fender...this will outlast me. Although it is used, everything seems like its as good as the new ones I played. The finish looks great no matter what color you choose. Originally, I would have gotten white if it was my choice, but the midnight wine has grown on me, seems to have a lot more character.

The factory setup doesn't matter, it only took a couple of minutes and empire music set it up for me before i even bought it. Pickups may need a bit of adjustment, though. The guitar is built for being modified to fit the user, so basically factory settings don't matter

Mexican Standard Strat- Bought it used in dec. 09, but it is an 07 model. Has a rosewood neck with 21 frets, and is midnight wine colored. Volume, 2 tones and a 4 way selector. It has 1 Humbucker and 2 Single Coils. No accessories included besides a whammy bar. Don't mind at this price.