Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Purchased from: Ebay

I play classic rock, blues/blues-rock, jazz, Indie rock and British rock and this guitar can play it all! I use a Fender Champion 110 25watt amp and a Fender Stage 160 160 watt amp and sounds great on both! The pickups are noisy but that's what you get with single coil pickups. I switched out the stock pups for fender's Vintage noiseless.

This guitar is perfect for everything I play. I barely use my SG anymore. I've been plays for about 4 years now. I also own a Epiphone SG but the Strat gets more done. If this guitar was stolen, I would find who stole it and have a "conversation" with them. I love everything about it! I wish it had a 7 way Switch but its a easy mod, that I already did!

The guitar is built like a tank, it is as old as me(made in 1991) it has a few nicks and scratches but thats about it. The hardware was prefect just the pots were dirty and had to be clean which wasn't hard at all. Strap buttons hold the strap pretty well, but I got strap locks just in case (I got them a few months after I got the guitar, it didn't fall once between when I got the guitar and when I put the locks on).

Well my guitar came used. The guy who had it be for me used it as a slide guitar so I can't really answer how the action, fit and finish. And since its from '91 it had a few scratches dents and chips but nothing major. Again this is a used guitar from 1991.

This is a 1991 Strat made in Mexico! The neck is maple same with the fret board! Has 1 vol and 2 tone. A tremolo bridge. SSS pup config. Standard Fender tuners which are great! Passive everything! Solid color(red). I got this off ebay so nothing came with it just a cardboard box.