Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Purchased from: hendersons music

I play blues, rock, hard rock, metal and grunge this guitar suits most of these, its great for srv and hendrix and coming from my jcm800 it sounds magical, also if you roll back the tone and use the bridge pickup you can get a kind of Slash solo sound its great. The Fender Stratocaster is definetly the most versitile guitar I've played.

Ok this is the cheapest guitar I own but its my favorite. If someone stole it I would own them with a spade then buy another one. This is a pleasure to play and is an exelent piece of equipment to own. I've got three Gibson les puals and a Gibson SG there great but this is better. People think owning a mexican Strat is like owning an epi lp but whats wrong with that there great guitars.

No question about it I would gig this without a backup. The hardware is realy strong. Stays in tune perfectly all the time, I mean I play four hours a day and still stays in tune. The only problem I've ever had with this guitar is the finish, its lovely to look at but is very thin. But apart from that this is exellent.

The guitar came in tune and the action was perfect, the strap locks were fine, pickups were great. Everything was fine. Another thing was how comfortable the guitar is to hold when sitting down it fits perfectly round your body(unless your fat) lol very good guitar.

My lovely Strat was made in mexico in 2006 I think, its got 21 frets on a maple neck. The body is also made of maple, its a candy apple red finish but the finish isnt the most durable as I've knocked it lightly against my guitar stand and it marked it a little, its got a five way selector, 2 tone 1 volume (strat standard). The stock pickups are great very bluesy and smooth from the neck, from the bridge you get a very bright strong sound. Now I've removed the stock ones and put in some seymore duncans and there even better, when I bought it I got loads of free stuff, Fender hard case, Fender strap, Fender koil cord cable(white), fender electronic tuner and a whammy bar.