Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

This is a very great sounding guitar for what I got it for. I play alot of blues-rock with this like ej and srv and sometimes hendrix stuff. I plug it into a Line 6 spider jam and a Fender practice amp. It really suits my style good. As always adjusting the pickup height will change the sound and right now I have the neck one real low and the Bridge a little high. It is really hard to bend the strings even a whole step. It is great for all genres of music.

I wish this guitar had a maple neck and a tap coil but other than that this guitar is perfect. I also own an Ibanez 470 Douglas octanis Rogue bass Alvarez and SX acoustics. I got this when I was about 9 and it was this or a mexican Fender that was all white with a 50 watt amp, the reason I chose this was because I didn't know about action back then and the white one was way to high. I wish I boughht that one just because it was a better deal.

It will definately stand live playing. The strap wont go anywhere. It is hard wood and it takes a while to dent I've had this guitar for 4 or 5 years and it has only 2 really small chips on the headstock. It weighs about 7.5 pounds. This guitar will definately last live playing if I played it live.

I don't know how it was setup at the factory but when I got it it was fine I had lost the Switch cap but that affects nothing. It doesn't go out of tune much, I keep it in Eb It has solid strap buttons. The cable insertor is loose but that was my own fault. Because it is black it gets alot of dust and under the strings is really dusty and I dust it every night.

Nice Strat style body made in mexico it has the classic Strat controls with stock pickups maple neck with rosewood fingerboard 21 frets bolt on neck 25.5 scale stock tuners adjustable truss rod black satin Vintage Tremolo fat neck. I had got a Fender frontman 15 watt with this.