Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

I use a Vox ac15 amp alongside a Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive and a Vox Wah pedal. The tone you can get from this guitar is fantastic. It definitely has that famous "fender tone" that is sought after. Despite this - the pickups can be quite noisy, but they still sound great. This guitar could be used for most styles of music: Rock, Blues, Country, Jazz, the list goes on! But maybe not Metal.... Overall a great sounding guitar.

This was a great guitar for the styles of music I play (Rock, Blues, Country) and it works really well with my tube amp. If it was stolen I would certainly buy another Strat - maybe the 60's classic player one though due to retro vibe! I love the sound of the neck pickup and generally the strats amazing, sparkling clean tone. (much better than a Gibsons humbucker in my opinion) Overall a great guitar.

I have gigged my Strat many times and everytime it still responds in the same way - its incredibly reliable. Apart from minor tuning problems (which can be expected in any live performance) the guitar sounds great on stage. There is some wear on the neck and body, but that is only from playing. Overall, a 10.

The action was very low - which I like and the pickups and all other parts were set up very well. As I mentioned earlier the tuning pegs feel a bit tense and tight - but this was the only problem. The neck probably the best aspect of this guitar (apart from the sound of course). Its nice and thin and really comfortable to play! Overall a 9.

My model was made in 2007. It has a black body and a maple neck, in addition to 3 single coil pickups.. It also has 21 medium jumbo frets, a 5 way pickup selector Switch and two tone selectors (one for the neck pickup and one for middle pickup) The only downside is the tuners - they seem quite tense when you are turning them. Apart from this the features