Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

I think that this guitar suits my preferred genre of music on 7 on a 1-10 scale. I like to play Punk, Grunge, Indie, and Alternitive. I usually use distortion and gain all the way up. I guess that it can be kind of noisy, although it has its type of sound that can't really compare to a Gibson or Jackson.

I play a lot of Punk, Grunge, and Pop. This guitar has deep, toneful sounds, which is nice when playing these types of genres. I have been playing guitar for almost 2 years now, and love every minute playing it. I own an Ibanez SDGR Bass, which I also like very much. I don't think I could ask for another guitar like this one. If it were stolen, I wouldn't, to be honest, buy another Mexico Strat, but save up my money and get an American instead. I love how my fingers feel on the fretboard and how nice it sounds when I strum!

I am almost positive that this Fender could definitely could withstand some live jamming. The strap buttons come loose when you move the guitar around, so I think that is a big flaw, because you have to consistently tighten them up. I could for sure depend on this guitar, it hasn't failed me once (yet). The finish on this sucker is well-painted, I haven't got a single finish-paint damage on mine, and I have dropped it on accident several times.

The guitar was actually set-up pretty well at the factory. Surprisingly, the finish of this baby is really nice. The guitar has 3- pickups, 1 single and 2 double, and they were fit on perfectly. The only flaw that this guitar has is the wood on it is actually prone to denting real easy, which is a down side.

This 1997 Fender Strat was made on the outskirts of Mexico. On it, there are 21-dotted frets. The neck of this guitar is Maple thin-wide. The finish is a very nice teal. Currently the pickups are passive, which is a good thing in my opinion. The three controls given to me are the Volume, Tone, and Tone 2. The tuners are non-locking Fender. I am giving this area a 6.