Mexican Stratocaster HSS review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster HSS

The humbucker is great for anything short of really heavy stuff, and the single-coils are fantastic for that bluesy sound. One con is, the single-coils sound a bit dull and closed. The single coild have a bit of noise to them but the humbucker is dead-quiet. The Strat is great for bright, diverse sound.

I play mostly Blues and classic rock and it suits my needs perfectly, if it was stolen i would buy it again but probably with Rosewood. I prefer the sound and look of Rosewood so that is my only regret.I compared with pretty much every other guitar in the price range and it definetly came out on top. I play it through a Legacy All valve amp with a Boss overdrive pedal, a Boss reverb and a wah wah pedal.

This guitar is very strong, and very reliable. I can absolutly depend on it and the hardware will last a lifetime. It has one fault; the strap buttons are a bit dodgy, they're starting to wear after a year of use. The finish is great, very tough. I have knocked it plenty of times and it should have scratched, but it has remained perfect and without a scratch.

The pickups were perfectly set up but I did need to have the neck set up to remove buzz. The guitar was in flawless, perfect condition. The Bridge is not fixed, it comes with a whammy bar, it was perfectly fitted. Beautiful finish that comes in many, many colours.

It is a 2010 Mexican made HSS Stratocaster with a maple fretboard with 22 frets. It's body is made of high quality Alder with a black finish. It comes with a 5-way selector switch, 2 volume and 2 tone knobs. The guitar has one Humbucker and two single-coils, creating outstanding diversity. Mine came with a really good gig-bag.

gstring120
    kav101
    Pazz91
    gstring120
    Pazz91 wrote: a lot of fender strats come with 22 frets but never heard on with 2 volume knobs
    You're right. My MIA Strat has 22 frets, but I'll be damned if I can find that second volume knob!
    jimmyjimbo72
    I thought only the American ones had 22 frets, the Mexicans having 21 frets. But yeah, not a good review; sounds like it was written by a 10-year old with sentences such as "really good gig-bag" and "Beautiful finish that comes in many, many colours"
    Sakke
    Like others, I believe this stratocaster has 21 frets as he has described to it be MIM. There would be no possibility (at least according to Fender's website) for it to have 22 frets, because there is no model like that. I agree with jimmyjimbo73, this does sound like a review written by a 10 to 13-year old who is filled with enthusiasm. I would of course be very excited to get a new guitar such as this, but I'd calm myself down.
    SilverSpurs616
    kav101 wrote: This is a pants review. Full of contradictions (something is perfect but then in next sentence needs adjusting/changing) and no objectivity whatsoever, which is apparent with the array of 9's awarded.
    I noticed this, too.
    MacEspn
    I have it (not in front of me) but i think you're right
    gstring120 wrote: Are you sure about the 22 frets, 2 volume and 2 tone knobs? Looks like 21 frets, 1 volume and 2 tone.
    jdrier21
    I have the 2006 version of this guitar and it is one of my favorites. Just wish I could find that second volume knob...
    redkingd
    I have it (not in front of me) but i think you're right
    thats right)
    Reventon11
    i'm sorry everyone. the guitar has 21 frets and one volume and 2 tones.