Mustang review by Fender

Fender: Mustang

Purchased from: A friend

I play Indie rock stuff and blues and jazz. This guitar suits my style very well and I really do love it. The only modification I am still thinking of doing is getting some Seymour Duncan Little '59s in place of the single coils. My blues and jazz just screams for humbuckers.

This thing plays great and is my first real introduction to the world of high quality instruments. I will never purchase another crappy instrument and I may pickup a Vintage Mustang because of the one I already own. I love this guitar and after a pickup swap it will be my dream quitar. If you can find a Japanese Mustang - pick it up, they are full of late '60s and '70s mojo.

This guitar will last as long as I still want to play it. The finish isn't going anywhere. I would bring a backup but I would never need it. I am always on the safe side.

Everything was set up amazing. The action is low and fast. The only issue I have is the strap buttons. I would suggest getting strap locks as soon as possible (just to be safe).

It is a '90s made in Japan Fender Mustang. It has 22 frets and a rose wood neck, and 2 single coil pickups with 2 switches for phase in/out/off control. It's competion red with a racing stripe (like the picture). It has a slab body with a flying dynamic vibrato. I took the tailpiece of the vibrato and flipped it around so the tremelo bar is not funtional. I did this to combat the touchy nature of the vibrato system (helps it stay in tune).