Mustang review by Fender

Fender: Mustang

Purchased from: Hubbard Music

It suits my music style completely (which is surf punk, ska, punk rock, Indie, and hardcore). I am using it now with a Marshall JCM 800 half stack and it sounds so great. It can be a little noisy when on high gain settings but other than that there sin't very much noise at all. The bridge pickup makes a very bright sound that sounds good with a heavy overdrive for a good lead sound. The neck it very bassy, almost too bassy for my tastes. When you flip the pickup phase Switch and turn the tone controll up, it sounds just like a crybaby wah all the way forward, and ver harsh.

My favorite guitar I own (even more than a 1960 Les Paul Custom [SG style]). I've been playing for 6 years and I own a Marshall plexi and JCM 800, and a lot of Vintage Gibson guitars, but this one is my favorite. If it were stolen I would track down who stole it and smack their mother. Then buy another one. I chose this over a '60s Strat reissue and I couldn't be happier. I couldn't be happier with this at all. I love everthing about it! Go out and buy one now!

The only complaint I have about reliability is the floating trem. It tends to go out of tune easily. I would probly gig without a backup. The strap buttons were ok when I got it, but I replaced them out for straplocks. I dropped the guitar on a heard wood floor the first day I had it, and it left no marks at all. The finish is very durable.

The guitar was set up nearly perfect. The strings that came with it sounder crisp and new, and the action was very low but not too low. There were no flaws at all on the guitar. It arrived at the shop in immaculate condition. I have made any changes since I've bought it (other than changing the strings).

It was made in 2003 in Japan. It features a 22 fret maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. The neck has a great looking Vintage tint to it and its got the Vintage style headstock like the ones of the late '60s. The finish is great looking. It had a deep dark blue finish with two baby blue stripes. It has a floating trem. It has 2 passive single coil pickups. It has a volume aand a tone control, and it feature switches to put the pickups out of phase to make a thinner sound. It came with a free deluxe gig bag whcih is pretty cool. The whole guitar has a Vintage vibe to it.