Mustang review by Fender

Fender: Mustang

Purchased from: Ebay

The Fender Mustang is great for rock. I only play rock so I don't know if it's good for other music styles but I'm sure it is. You can add any effect and the sound from the guitar will amaze you. The settings that I use to play Nirvana and anything with distortion is: turn off the neck pup and put the bridge pickup on in or out phase, volume - 10, and tone - 10. Another setting that I use for Stairway To Heaven, acoustic songs, or songs without distortion is: put the neck pickup on in or out phase and turn the bridge off, volume - 10, tone - 10. The guitar can be rich and full or bright or noisy (ex. Kurt Cobain's music). It all depends on what settings you put it at. Just experiment.

My overall impression of my Fender Mustang is that it is one of the best guitars ever made. The only complaint that I have and others that I know is the tremolo. Fender should have spent more time on the tremolo. But it wont go out of tune if you don't use it. Awesome guitar and I highly recommend!

I haven't played live so I dont know if it will withstand live playing. But from seeing and hearing other people's experiences, it will withstand a live performance. I haven't replaced any of the hardware and everything looks new. The hardware will last for a long time. I have been depending on my Fender Mustang since the day I bought it. It has never failed me. The finish on the guitar is not thin and it will not wear off easily. But that does not mean you should throw it around unless you want that Vintage vibe.

My Fender Mustang was used and had been through two owners. I adjusted the action and pickup height to my liking and it meets my expectations in a perfect guitar. The guitar had a couple of indentations on the back of the guitar but nothing very noticable. But hey its 10 years old and been through 2 owners.

The Fender Mustang that I bought was made in 1995 and crafted in Japan. The neck is made of maple and has a rosewood fingerboard. The maple has a nice Vintage tint. The scale of the guitar is 24". You might be thinking the guitar is smaller than other guitars. But it is really comfortable. The Mustang has a solid basswood body and has nice acoustics when it isnt plugged in. The controls given are volume, tone, and one 3-way Switch for each pickup. The 3-way Switch can Switch from in phase, off, and out phase. The turning off of pickups are really neat. The pickup configuration is single coil and single coil. I dont complain about the pickups but if you want the humbucker sound. Save some money and buy a single coil sized humbucker. The tuners are great there is no tuning issues. The Mustang also has a Vibrato tailpiece. I don't use the tremolo because of tuning problems. Like it would go out of tune really easily. So what you have to do is lock down your tremolo or just dont use it. After that you don't have to worry about anything else.