Mustang review by Fender

Fender: Mustang

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I play alot of punk and alternative with some occasional classic rock. I play it on a Fender FM212 with a Fender pedal. I'm a huge Fender guy. The clean tone is amazing. It has very strong bass notes with clear high notes. But when put on distortion, the bass overpowers everything else and is a really spacy distortion sound. This can be fixed by turning off the bass pickup located at the neck. When you do this, the sound is great, but dont go near any lamps or computers or sterios (ect) because the single coil pickups will get a hum from the signal the electronis are letting off. The guitar has a wide variety of sounds. It can get a grungy heavy sound or a light mellow calm sound. basically, If you adjust your amp and pickups, you can do anything.

I've been playing for 4 years now and this is my favorite guitar by far. It's great for all types of music. Especially older music like the beatles because its neck is super small so you can move your positioning really fast. If it were stolen/lost? What kind of question is that? I'd hunt the bith that took it down, and then curb stomp him and get my guitar back. The guitar is overall an amazing guitar with an amazing feel. The only downside, is I wish it had humbuckers. The Mustang is deffinately two thumbs up.

I have recorded with this guitar a few times and it sounds great when you record a live room. I hit it on a few objects around the house and it only has one nearly invisible ding on the headstock. I love this guitar with all my heart.

The action was a little high when I bought it but I was able to fix that by lowering the bridge with. It came with really light flexible strings on it. Everything on it was great. It had a great feel, the neck was still straight, and it was nice and light.

1969 re-issue (2005) made in Japan. 22 frets. Short scale neck. Mahogany body with maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. Sonic blue finish. Dynamic Mustang vibrato tailpiece with hangning whammy bar. The brigde is Tune-O-Matic like a Gibson with some Fender modfications. Very quiet dual Mustang style single coil pickups. One tone and one volume knob with in/out sliding switches for each pickup. Chrome tuners.