Mustang review by Fender

Fender: Mustang

Purchased from: Craigslist

I play all sorts of music, and this guitar can do it all. I run through a TS9, a dynacomp, a DD3, and a Ibanez flanger into a Vintage 72 SG amplifier, the sounds I can get with this set up are so authentic that I might as well be in the '60s. The pickups are noisy, but if you did not know that allready about single coils, you should be slapped stupid.

Overall, this is a great buy. I do not know about the stock pickups, but this guitar rages with the Quarter Pound Strat pickups. If it were lost, I would replace it, or save up enough for a nice CIJ Jazzmaster. I got a great deal, and if you get offered up a good deal, then take it and run, this guitar will not fail you.

This guitar will last me until the day I die. The hardware is pretty good, the strap buttons are weakish, but I usually replace those anyway. The finish is really thick so I do not have worries about it.

I dont know about factory set up, but this guitar was perfect the day I brought it home. The action and the intonation are excellent. The only flaw this guitar had was a small gouge on the backside, but its not really relevant.

This appears to be a 2005 CIJ 1969 reissue Fender Mustang. The body is a bass wood and I believe the neck to be maple. The scale of the neck is slightly shorter than average, but plays to my advantage due to my smallish hands. The bridge is a Fender Dynamic Vibrato which works fantastically, except for the fact that it tends to go out of tune rather easily. The stock pickups were swapped out for Duncan 1/4 Strat pickups, so I do not know how the original stock pickups sounded. The Stang also has the interesting phase selector switches which can really open up some fascinating tonal possibilities, not normally possible.