Mustang review by Fender

Fender: Mustang

Great tone, the only reason I don't like it just a tiny bit is because with only one control knob, there isn't as much control. I play light rock to heavy stuff while I'm messing around and it never fails to please. I use a Park amp, pretty much a cheap Marshal. I use delays, fuzz, phaze, muff with any of these it sounds great. The guitar can make anywhere from crazy drop D metal tunes to smooth delayed Pink Floyd style playing.

I play mostly classic rock, it fits to a T. I've been playing for years, I've owned everything from Strats to Juniors. I've had no problems with this guitar overall, it's a great guitar and for 700 dollars it's a must-have. If this was stolen or lost (somehow) I would buy another guitar but only because 700 bucks is hard to find kickin' around.

It's lasted over 30 years of playing, I'm sure a gig would be no problem. The hardware hasn't shown any sign of corosion or anything great stuff. I always use this guitar without a backup at gigs I play with my garage band. The finish only wore off on the back because of a major fall it took, it was a sad day.

The action's great, not the best but really tight, it's got a real fast feel. The pickups on it give great sound, but it could be better. There were no flaws in it, Fender prides itself in quality. Altogether, it's got a great action, but it could be better.

The model Mustang I use is a '65 22 thin frets, rosewood fretboard, solid top, somewhat Strat bodystyle has pretty good fret reachability, one tone knob (I prefer two), volume, 3-way selector, two single coil pickups. Non-locking tuners, but the metalheads are really durable and hold a tune very well.