Nashville Power Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Nashville Power Telecaster

I play blues rock and classic rock mostly, this guitar has a warm which sound, but it's brightness shines out all the time, perfect for clean channels and also good for achieving a nice tweed sound. I play all my guitars (Lonestar Stratocaster, Gibson SG Special Faded) through a Roland Cube 60, and what a sound. The tele is also very good at achieving a very dirty punk sound when I hook it up to a Danelectro Overdrive pedal. Overall it has a warm, thick, less gainier sounds and bright cleans. And along with acoustic settings makes it a very Urban, crisp guitar but it just can't deal with that blue overdrive like the Strat or SG.

Overall this guitar suites me when I'm playing my lower levels of gain playing, but isn't that what a tele was made for? If it were stolen, I would cry so much then go find another one. My fravourite feature is the bridge as it makes that bridge pickup sound so amazing. But I absolutely hate how all the hardwares slowly fadeing away. Very good guitar, I you are considering buying a Tele, buy this one!

I would definately play with it Live, but I would always bring a backup. Although the hardware has Oxidized, I still think they will last. The is so strong, I've dinked it so many times and the finish has not come of. Very Solid, can take a battering. The strap buttons havn't budged and nothing major has really happened too it. It's like a slab of concrete at times.

The guitar was setup very well and the pickups were at just the right height. However, the socket had to be replaced twice because the switching system was rubbing on it so I had to limit how many times I moved it, and now that sockets been changed, I don't have that choice of mono or stereo anymore. Another thing was that the control knobs had to be tightened all the time, the LED bulb went and the hardware oxidized within 5 months. It's a great guitar but falls to piece in your hands.

My Nashville Tele was made in 2005 in Mexico. It came in a 2 colour sunburst on an Alder body, 21 Jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard and Maple neck. The neck is incredibally thin and feels very warm when I hold it. One unique feature is it's bridge: Fender/Fishman Piezo Power Tele Bridge whch gives of nice crystal tones. It has a string through body, 2 Texas Tele Special, and a bonus Strat special, 5-way switching system and piezo magnets round of very well put together guitar.