Powerhouse Strat Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: Powerhouse Strat Deluxe

I play every kind of music. I use a Line 6 Spyder amp that as 4 pre-programmed sounds and the abilty to mix your own. The guitar its self is semi adjustable. The two tones can adjust to make a varity of sounds. The tuneing heads are upgrade from the standard series. These are much easier to adjust.

This is an exelent choice for any style of playing. I have been playing for about 18 months and would replace this guitar with out thinking about it if I ever needed to. I wish I would have know more about how the battery back up works more before I bought it. I love the battery back up it is the best to boost that rich sound. There is nothing I hate about this guitar beside only have 21 frets. I was looking at standards when I came acroos the deluxe and feel in love with it. I do whish it would have had double pickups, but that is all I could improve on.

This guitar is extermly durable. It is my first electric and has with standed a few drops in and out of the case. I have played live with it and it was perfect not one flaw inplayat all. The finish is great and extermly hard to chip. The strap buttons are ok but need tihting sometimes. I wouldn't ever paly a gig without a back up but if I had to I would pick this guitar. This is the guitar the Eric Clapton is pictured with alot.

My guitar is a 1997 edition and I bought it in 2004. For sitting around for 7 years it is completly unflawed. No rusting crossion loose pieces or anything. One flow though, the bridge tends to come lose alot and needs frequent tighting.

This is a Mexican made Strat. The only difference between a standard and deluxe is the pickguard, tuneing heads and battery powered back up. The battery back up gives a stronger, richer sound. It supplies the middle pickup with an extra boost of power. The Deluxe Powerhouse has three pickups, a 5 place pickup selector, 21 frets, maple neck and finger board, there is a transpartent finish over the Strat style body. It has the volume control and 2 different tone control. One of the tone controls is for the power boost. This guitar came with a hard case, cords, strap, whammy bar and a bunch of picks.

stratfan123
    "this is the guitar eric clapton is pictured with alot" wtf? are u on crack? no offense, really, but eric never played a powerhouse as far as im sure. correct me if im wrong, ill take it back if corrected, but i dont think so.
    Joey JoJo
    I've played a LOT of Strats, but my Powerhouse is probably the nicest one I've ever played.
    FBXZ2
    I got the black one. I had to set it up rigt and lower the nut action a lot to make it playable. It is has a lot of clear high end, and works real well with a 5e3 clone.
    edzep54
    I just picked up a '97 version of this guitar for a song ($246+tax). I thought I was buying a used Standard but I noticed that it had a factory install recess in the back and when I got it home and looked under the hood was delighted to see the circuit board, dummy pickup, and all original wiring in place. I can't believe Guitar Center didn't realize that it wasn't a Power Strat but I guess neither one of us was all that observant. Anyway, the thing was pretty forlorn looking - it was on the hanger with 5 strings and 'original' dirt and grub prints...haha... no knobs, even! I went there to either buy a Squier 50's Classic Tele (new) or a used Fender Strat... I've owned numerous American Fender's over the past 11 years and as I face the thought of working until I'm dead in the 99% have-not future that is unfolding, I can't justify having expensive guitars sitting around while my retirement keeps moving further and further away (I'm 57), so I'm planning to satisfy my guitar jones with low-end acquisitions... anyway, enough about me - the guitar is very low-noise and other than some fret wear I'll have to address down the road this is one great guitar, regardless of place of origin. Plus, since it's not 'factory' clean I won't be obsessing and treating it like a museum piece (although I don't mistreat any guitar, regardless of cost). Great value, especially at about half the cost of a new one (not sure what it cost in '97) but I'm ecstatic over this guitar.
    5lX5TRlNG5
    is $820(Can) too much? I might buy one with a gig bag and I'm not sure if I'm being ripped off