Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster

I play more punk n rock as I am a Green Day fan which is perhaps what this guitar is made for.As most of Bon Jovi's music tracks are rock, it is the reason why this guitar is made for. With my Ibanez 22w amp alone, I find I can make this axe turn anyone on(literally, in the morning). Ok. With the H/S/S combination of pickups, and floyd rose II double locking tremolo system, the sky seems to be almost the limit but the special single pickups gave a sort of slight muddy sound when set to clean. The humbucker gave a beefy sound living to it's name. Distortion on the pickups were very rich and heavy though.

As I like play generally all styles of music except jzz but more on the rock side. 11 years is quite a long time n I have not upgraded yet cause I think this one is the best, but a les paul would be good. Man, I should have asked how to used the floating bridge, a real pain to adjust but I got used to it anyway. Get this stolen or lost, I am guarding with my life. Nice looks, signature, custom features. Hate the muddy tones. The floyd rose and the Dimarzo humbucker is my favourite feature. I have compared many guitars to this one but what makes it special is that it is a custom guitar made for me. If you are a die hard Bon Jovi fan or collector go for it but good luck hunting for one cause this beauty is a discontinued model.

It is one durable guitar alright.In mint condition for 11 yrs, of course it is durable.Most of the stuff are durable and have not failed me. Everything is oringinal, up running and working since from the factory in 1995. The finish part. I used guitar polish so I really don't know so it is still shiny.

This axe has lasted a long time, 11 years and is still in mint condition but over time rusted has started to appear but it can be removed. Everything was done the way it is supposed to be but what's up with the muddy sounds? Is this why the single pickups are special? Ask Fender. The guitar I have may have a flaw which is the G string buzzes when plucking that open string. I think I should go see a guitar techie first. Overall, it is a well done axe.

A signature Strat by Fender, this 1995 RS Standard Strat is the must have of a die Bon Jovi guitarist/fan.

Chex
    You play Greenday on this?! Oh dear God, Richie would be distraught!
    john1992
    I am a Green Day fan which is perhaps what this guitar is made
    No i think its made for playing bon jovi
    FenderStRaT RS
    Well, i've moved on since after i long wrote this review,i play more pantera/black sabbath/a7x/joe satriani/bon jovi(no kidding) which all sounds great on this baby.Gone were the days i liked green day,haha,it used to be fun,but oh well,we all gotta move on!
    Dragonstrat
    The Sambora US version, a 22 fret maple board star inlay with the booster circuit was designed for Richie's rack gear in that it was voiced to cut through all that and still be present in the mix. The picture above for the review is the Mexico version, a 21 fret without the stars and active circuit as Richie is reported wanting his model available to those on a budget...There were also Japan issues after they stopped making them in the US and Mexico, some with the star inlays but no active circuit and with cheaper Floyd Rose hardware, not the Floyd Rose Pro as on the US versions. Black paisley Samboras MIJ with a nylon stringed black paisley Sambora strat also made for Richie.These did not have the active circuits either and the woods used differed. [IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s98/d... ongoff/RichieSambora_1995_05lge-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i15 0.photobucket.com/albums/s98/dragongoff/SamborawithSamborain thestudio.jpg[/IMG]