SE Special / SP-10 Pack review by Fender

Fender: SE Special / SP-10 Pack

Perhaps the best feature of this guitar is that overdrive switch. This switch makes almost any Nirvana, Wolfmother, or Led Zeppelin song sound great. The amp provides good loud sound. I mean it's not gonna break the windows but it's plenty good for some one Who wants to play at home moderately quietly.

Overall, I give this set an 8. If I were you I would get it this christmas and get your next one once you start rollin' next christmas or the one after. It would make a great gift for anyone new to guitar it's a great guitar for begginers, I would venture to guess it's the best at this low of a price. If you want to play guitar I suggest you get out and buy the SE Special Strat Guitar Starter Pack today.

This guitar will last you for quite some time. I believe it'll still be good in a year from now making it 2 years old. the finish hasen't even scratched at all and has shown no sign of wear. The strap buttons are good, but Who cares when the strap doesn't work. the cord however did run out fast but they don't cost much.

It was great right out of the box. It was easy to geta feel and understanding of how to play and I got better and better each day. The instructional video that's included can teach you some basic chords and power chords, and that helped me get started. The guitar's really only bad feature is it's sound when you play chords. It leaves an obnoxious ring on the lowest string. Other than that the guitar really sounds great and can do hammer-ons, pull-offs, and slides moderately well. The by far worst feature on the guitar is one that doesn't concern a whole lot of people and definately not me. that is, the strap. it falls off randomly while playing. In fact, I just took it off and used my guitar hero strap and it worked way better.

My first guitar was none other than the Fender Squier Strat. This starter pack includes: the SE Special Strat guitar with an agathis body, shell pickguard, tremolo bridge, and a rosewood 21-fret fretboard with Dot inlays; a SP amp with 10 watts: a cord; an overdrive swith that works very well; a nice tuner; 3 picks; an instructional video; a bag; and a strap.