SE Special / SP-10 Pack review by Fender

Fender: SE Special / SP-10 Pack

Purchased from: Amazon.com

It sounds great for all the music I play (mostly rock), especially with its 10 watt amp that can get extremely loud. It has a very rich sound quality, and basic guitar sounds. I have not used effects with it, but I plan on using the Boss DS-1 which will probably sound awesome.

I've been playing guitar for about three years now, and I think this guitar is a perfect fit for anyone that wants a cheaper guitar that sounds and looks amazing. I only own a few other pieces of equipment but this guitar is definitely my favorite. If I lost it or it got stolen, I would definitely buy it again. Since it is relatively cheap, you could also use this as just a practice or "travel" guitar. I think my favorite feature would have to be how loud the amp can get. Its really powerful for how small and lightweight it is.

It seems like everything in the package would last a really long time, and is very durable. I never gig, but I don't think I'd bring a backup anything if I did. It would definitely withstand live playing very well and like I said before it would last. You definitely would not need another amp unless you want an amp with good effects considering the only real effect on the amp is overdrive, which is nice, but could be better.

Everything about the guitar was great from the minute I opened the package to when I started playing it. The pickups were in great shape and the only flaw was a small unfinished portion on the head of the guitar, which was minuscule. The whammy bar that came with it also screwed right into place and could be used in seconds. That was basically the only thing I had to do other than tune it, before I cold start shredding.

It has 22 frets, and the fretboard is rosewood, which I think looks really nice. It has a Strat body style, but I don't know what bridge style. I got a cherry red body that fades to a dark red, which looks amazing. It has one volume control knob and two tone control knobs, along with a five way selector and three pickups. Included in the package was an amp, a gig bag, picks, a tuner, a stand, a cable, and a CD that teaches you the basics of guitar.