Showmaster QMT HH review by Fender

Fender: Showmaster QMT HH

Purchased from: Mannys Music Store, NYC

the style of the guitar suits me perfectly. It's extremely veratile, and can deal with anything from blues, to country, to mid-high gain rock and metal. It's being run through a Vox AC30 and I can tell you there is no better combination than Vox and Fender. The basswood in the body really boosts the mids and allows it to cut through as a lead guitar.

I picked this up while I was in New York on a whim, and I'm so glad I did. A wonderful guitar. For the price it goes for you get a hell of an instrument. If it were lost or stolen, I would most likely buy another one simply because it complements my amp perfectly. It's probably not the best metal guitar in the world, though it can certainly pull it off, but everything else it can do exceptionally.

It is by fat the most durable guitar I have. Every other one I have (aside from my bass) is prone to picking up scratches and nets, whereas this one is fine. It worries me that should there ever be a problem, then the set neck might make repairing it difficult, but overall I would be quite happy to gig with this without a backup.

The factory setup was pretty good. Played it straight out of the box and it was extremely well set up. needed some fine tweaking with the tuning, but otherwise played perfectly. The pickups were at a perfect hight for me (raised bridge and lowered neck), and all I nall, I wouldn't ask for more.

This little beauty has a lot to offer. 24 Jumbo Frets with albalone dot inlays, Basswood body, set neck, Two coil-tapped Seymour Duncan humbuckers (Pearly Gates Plus in the bridge, and RP '59 reverse-polarity in the neck), and locking tuners. It also offers one volume control, one tone control and a quilted maple top. The nut is graphite, and the hardware is smoked chrome. The bridge, as you can see, is a Standard Fender tremolo.