Squier Affinity Strat review by Fender

Fender: Squier Affinity Strat

Being my first electric guitar, this one took some punishment and it always put out the sounds I was expecting from an electric, maybe its not too heavy, but its quite versatile with the 5 way pickup switch. I use a Zoom 505ii with it and it pretty much can give me any sound I need.

Being an entry level guitar, I'm very impressed with it, no, I wouldn't buy another Squier Strat if this one got stolen, but I sure would buy another Fender strat! Simply put, I love this guitar!

Well, it has withstood thousands of hours of playing in my room, so I believe it would be great for live playing, the hardware will last as long as you don't swim with it! I would depend on this guitar at a live gig, its very durable and reliable. The finish? Well, even if it did start thin or start wearing off I wouldn't really care much, it'll just add character!

Being second hand I got the action adjusted and lifted the pickups because they were really low. I also had to open the back to tighten up the volume and tone knobs. It had a few nicks in the body, but it seems she can take some knocking around because the finish is really good!

I got my '03 Squier from a second hand store in South Africa, I paid R500 for it, which is nothing! It's a real nice sunburst with white pickups and pickguard.