Squier Affinity Strat review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Fender: Squier Affinity Strat

Purchased from: ebay

The p/u are not fenders best,but not thier worst. Can get the classic Strat sounds especially when played clean. Tough to coax anything fat out of it.I have heard people say they don't stay in tune.This one stays in tune fine even when using tremlo. Proper set up is a wonderful thing!Kind of noisy,but Nature of the Beast with cheap single coil p/u s

I am giving an overall rating of 7 based on value.Comparing it to axes of much greater cost and quality would certainly lower the rating,but I would say I am quite pleased I took a chance on this. If it were stolen I wouldn't cry,I would just go on ebay and get another and get my tools out again.If you think about buying new @ retail (180.00) be sure the store sets it up for you.They are not worth buying and then paying another 50.00 for set up later.

This guitar will last me a good long time.I am a Les Paul player who needed a Strat for several songs but didn't want to spend alot.At under 80.00 on ebay I am very pleased.I may just replace all the electrics as not only the p/u are not that great but the "tone controls do almost nothing and they and the selector Switch are pretty cheap.(80.00 remember?)

I had to adjust the truss rod due to decent front bend,then set string ht and intonation.However once that was done (a very easy job). Install new strings treat fret board with pure lemon oil (was really dry and dirty).The guitar came alive.I am not saying it can hold its own against a USA fender,but surely as good as any Mexican or Japanese product.The 5 rating is as recived,7 after proper set up.

Indonsian made,Rosewood neck,Alder body,Black finish. Face it these are all the same.pick a color 3 single coil p/u Standard tremelo.Remember this a cheap guitar,so all the parts are cheap,but I think the tuners and bridge are fine. The truss rod worked fine and the frets were set fairly well,alittle roygh at the neck edge but hey.