Squier Affinity Strat review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Fender: Squier Affinity Strat

Price paid: € 250

Purchased from: Local music store

Has a really great variety it can go from soft blues to hard rock iv noticed without use of effects its difficult to reach the higher pitch/tone of a typical metal sound. Right now I am only using a Standard cheap amp I got for 100 euro its a 15G Fender Frontman amp nothing spectacular but it gets the job done.

A realy good guitar to start off with just don't expect it to last for years without any repairs. As I said its a starter guitar so no I would not rebuy it if it were lost/stolen I would upgrade most likely to an Ibanez RG or a Gibson SG. I want to give this guitar an overall impression of 8 but because of the problems I have had with its hardware I'm going to give it a 7 however it is a guitar I would recommend for anybody thinking of starting off in guitar.

I have a lot of problems with its Reliability & Durability, after the first few months my frets which were not stainless steel began to wear leaving me with a close to fork on a plate sound whenever I chose to bend a few notes. Not only that but it also created more friction making it harder to bend. After deboxing the guitar and seting up the amp I went to tune the guitar using the included auto tuner when putting in the battery the wire ripped I was able to get a new one at no cost but be wary they are very flimsy. My strap tore fairly quick too despite the lack of malice I showed it. And more recently my high e-string snapped, this was the weirdest thing since I was just doing warm up scales when I touched the 11th fret it snapped exactly where I touched I couldn't understand it but I guess it was the final bit of tension that it needed.

My guitar was setup in the show I bought it but there was still a buzz from the low e-string. Its hard to say about the pickups I'm not sure if they were factory or shop adjusted. There were no flaws at all for the first few weeks its a good starter guitar but not a durable guitar. The finish was nice mine is the same as the review image.

- 21 frets - Solid-Top - Rosewood - Satin - Strat - Volume, two Tone, 5-way selector - strap cable, tools Amp 15g front man (100 euro) The Bridge is a fairly Standard Bridge im guessing its a Tele-style bridge. Besides the necessities that are presumed in any starter pack it also had a auto tuner.