Squier Affinity Strat review by Fender

Fender: Squier Affinity Strat

Purchased from: private sale

I play rock and blues. I have a champ 15, serial number 0000052. This amp rocks. I have no problems with the noise. Also, the five way works great, as well as the tones and volume. As most of people frown on this guitar, I must of lucked-out, as this guitar has a healthy SNARL. I don't plan to change anything on this axe. I did put a set of strap locks.

I'm very lucky in buying this particular guitar. I'm an experienced player, with no back up at the present time. I play the Clapton blues, and the Pink Floyd rock. This guitar is just awesome. If someone stole this guitar, I'd find the thief, and get it back. Also, I'd leave a lasting IMPRESSION for the thief. One more thing, to you folks who guzzy-up your Squiers with Fender stamped necks, and new three ply pick guards, I have no problem with owning this guitar, and I'll never take the Squier name off it. This guitar has much better sound than most MIM STRATS.

I no longer play in a band however, I'd have NO PROBLEM playing a live gig with this guitar, with NO BACK-UP. The baltic blue finish pops on this guitar. I'm not a fan of the worn down look, I polish this with the polish trick. Gives a healthy shine. I've put a set of strap locks on her, aside from strings, I can't see replacing anything else.

Again, being this guitar was owned by a gal who NEVER played it.there are about three scratches on the pick-guard. I cannot find anything wrong with this axe. I have put new Martin strings on it. The three single coil pick-ups are righteous. I've played my Squier jamming with others, and she keeps up with my buddies MIA. I've had a couple guys play this guitar, and they're blown away.

I have a 1999 Squire Strat, hand crafted in Indonesia. It has twenty-one frets, and three single coil pick-ups. The body is alder, BTW, the classic fenders are also made of alder. This is a string thru body, the color is a deep rich baltic blue. I bought an old school Fender tweed hard case.