Squier Jagmaster review by Fender

Fender: Squier Jagmaster

There isn't much to say about the Bridge pickup. It's a little weak compared to the neck pickup. There is some very juicy tones from the neck pickup which to me, completely makes up for the Bridge pickup. It's a Jack-of-all-trades kind of guitar. Can do basically anything but probably best for Blues, Jazz, Main-Stream Rock.

I think its a great guitar for the money and is probably the cheapest way to get a guitar close to a Jaguar or Jazzmaster. I've had it for about 6 or 7 months and so far it hasn't let me down. Plays as good as my Mexican Fender Strat. If it were stolen I would buy one again if it goes for $200 again as I bought it during one of Guitar Center's major clearances. I'm just in love with almost everything about the guitar and is currently my main guitar that I use for gigs and practice. Only the tuners keep me from rating this a 10. For $200, I say the Jagmaster pretty much blows everything else out of the water.

The Jagmaster can definitely withstand live playing without a doubt. A great backup guitar or main guitar if you popped in a few nice pups in there. The tuners may not last as long as all the other parts but I don't really mind tuning it every week. Strap buttons are definitely not coming off anytime soon. For sure you can depend on the guitar during a live performance. Though you may want to consider getting extra shielding on the guitar because of its hum. The finish is pretty thick on mine so it should withstand the test of time.

Superb Finish! As good as any Fender I have ever seen. Action very nice for doing bends and vibratos. Pickups are at a good height. Everything seemed okay to me. The guitar was set-up but probably because I bought it off the wall at Guitar Center.

2010 Sunburst Squier Jagmaster. Bought it in January of 2011. Has 2 excellent sounding Seymour Duncan humbuckers. Everything is pretty Standard on the guitar, Wilkonson Tremolo, 3-way selector switch, 1 volume and tone knobs, tortoise pickguard. The tuners are decent but don't hold tune as good as they should. Would be best to replace them with locking tuners if you were to be on the road. Everything else is pretty good for the money.

MaggaraMarine
    Has 2 excellent sounding Seymour Duncan humbuckers.
    Duncan designed and Seymour Duncan are two different things and I don't think a $ 200 Squier has real Duncans. (The pickups would cost almost as much as the guitar.)
    BassFishin
    The first electric I truly bought. The tone on the neck pickups is phenomenal for a $250 guitar. (That's how much it was when I bought it close to 5 years ago)
    noisewall11
    The_Sad_Panda
    ... there is no such thing as a Squier Jaguar or a Squier Jazzmaster.
    Just2Rusty
    I sort of don't understand why everyone rates guitars so high. Like. 9's and 10's should be the worlds best guitars. Am I the only one that thinks that?
    BassFishin
    BassFishin wrote: The_Sad_Panda wrote: noisewall11 wrote: no. cheapest way to get closest to a jaguar or jazzmaster would be the squier jaguar or jazzmaster. just in case you didn't know they existed ... there is no such thing as a Squier Jaguar or a Squier Jazzmaster. There actually is. They might just be newer. I was at Guitar Center 2 days ago and distinctly remember seeing a Squier Jazzmaster.
    Jaguar****
    grungelive72
    Honestly, the best guitar squire makes IMO. I'm trying to get one as a backup to my Fender Jaguar Classic Player Special HH.