Squier Strat review by Fender

Fender: Squier Strat

It suits my grunge/punk music style because it's a great guitar to just pick up and start slamming power chords and barre chords on. It's 5-way selector allows me to choose the grungish, treble-y sound I like. I use it with the amp it came with, the SP-10. It is definitely noisy on overdrive, even if the volume knob is on one. However, you can turn it to five or six on your clean/vintage setting before it gets a little too loud. It does produce a very rich sound. It will really make any sounds you really play on it.

I play grunge/punk music, and this is a good match for such music. I have been playing for three years and have received many complements and admiration while playing this guitar. I also own a Fender Squier Classic Acoustic, a HoneyTone Vintage amp, and a NADY CenterStage mic. I have no questions I would have asked. If it were stolen/lost, I would definitely buy one again and have no problem with it (granted, a Fender Jaguar would also be desirable, but if I could only get a Squier, that's cool with me!). I love this guitar because not only does it make a great beginner's guitar (it was my first) but it is just as good as any other Fender mod... Or Gibson or Jackson or Ibanez, if you want to go broader. I only dislike some of the things that came with it that weren't of the best quality: the tuner, the strap, and the cable. You might want to buy a few back-ups of these. However, the guitar and amp themselves are brilliant. My favorite feature is my 5-way selector, which I am constantly fooling around with because of all the genres I play! I kind of wish it had come with a capo, but hey, you can't win 'em all, right?

YouTube preview picture

I'm sure this guitar would withstand live playing, it seems just like any other quality Fender guitar! The hardware not only seems like it would last, it has lasted. The strap buttons are solid; they come a little loose sometimes, but only every once in a while, and all you have to do then is take a screwdriver and give 'em a good twist, and they'll be fine for a long time. I can definitely depend on it and use it at a gig without backup. The finish is good enough to last... trust me. With the kind of music I play, if it wasn't good enough, I would have already stripped the guitar of all finishing!

Honestly, I have no idea about how the set-up was at the factory, but I'll bet it was pretty good and neat because I haven't had a single problem with this guitar. It's in great shape. The pickups were adjusted just fine, obviously; like I said, they really pack a punch on that amp! Properly routed top, yes, properly routed bridge. The guitar contained no flaws and, really, still doesn't (and it's been through a lot).

1982 Fender Squier Stratocaster (made in China): - Rosewood fretboard w/ 22 frets; - Laminated top; - Maple body and neck; - Black satin finishing; - Strat body style; - String-thru body bridge; - Active electronics; - One volume control, two tone controls, 5-way selector; - Three pickups; - Included Fender gig bag, strap, cable, whammy bar, Squier tuner, and SP-10 amp.

TheLastRaven
    Dude, you don't buy a martin dreadnought and then whine about it sucking for punk music. This isn't a metal guitar so why did you buy it if you want to play metal?