Squier Strat Mini review by Fender

Fender: Squier Strat Mini

Very universal guitar sound. It fits my hardcore metal music fine, i use metal and insane settings, although I occasionally throw it on clean with an echo or two. It hums like an angel. Nice Volume settings, although it screams a little on max. Very wide variety, nasal high pitch pick tones, and deep low throat humming, and a lot in-between.

I play hardore metal music, and this is an alright match, because it is so universal. It's not made to throw the insane riffs and solo's that my music has, but it makes learning easy. Since I'm new to my guitar, it's a very good choice for me, I can play most anything I want to on it (aside from divebombs and such), and it is easy to play.

It will probably last many years of playing. The strap buttons are practically part of the body, so they aren't coming of anytime soon. I would definitely bring a backup, because anything could happen, from a string breaking, to a stupid homeless person throwing his booze bottle at it, otherwise, no reason, it seems strong enough to take a pounding.

It was Standard make, everything about it is fine except the 10th fret. It has been worn down from use on the 3rd string, and now I have to press down harder on the 3rd string 10th fret to make the correct pitch, however it then bends up.

21 thin-frets. Laminated, solid head. satin finish, shiny and black Strat body style. 3 pickups

Donaldalee
    In my 50 years of playing, I have had everything with strings on it. I now gig three nights a week in San Diego. what do I use as my stage guitar: a squier mini! It is a kid,s guitar, but it is a scaled down stratocaster