SRV Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: SRV Stratocaster

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

I traditionally play blues/rock, blues, or just rock in general and this guitar can do it all. I play through a Marshall 100HDFX head and the 412 half cab. The 5-way selector lets you hit many different tones and styles with the flick of a Switch. I really like the single-coil pickups because I do not have to deal with a crapload of distortion. The Texas Special pickups are wonderful and produce a great tone. This guitar absolutely screams, so bright and so clear. If you want a good blues sound or to sound somewhat like SRV pick this guitar up.

As I stated I'm caught up in the blues and rock and this guitar definately suits my style. I also own an Epiphone Standard Les Paul, Ibanez AEF30 acoustic electric, Epiphone EDS-1275 double neck (very fun). Aside from that if this guitar was stolen (because I wouldn't lose it) I would immediately buy another one. Also if you guys can't shell out $1330 all at once go to American Music Supply and you can do 5 easy payments (thats what I'm on). They make it very easy there and you dont need to apply for a stupid card. I hope this review has intrigued you or possibly made you want to get an SRV custom yourself.

I honestly believe that I would be able to play baseball with the neck of this thing. A very solid guitar and everything on it, IMO, will be able to withstand gigging in any form or fashion. This is my new number one and I would feel totally comfortable doing anything with this guitar. Fender makes quality products and once again I believe this thing would withstand a "Texas Flood."

The action may seem a little high for some but when I picked up this guitar it felt like it was custom made for me. I have heard some complaints from people with small hands that the neck is too big. I have decently large sized hands and I find no problem with the neck. The finish on this guitar (3-tone Sunburst) is absolutely beautiful. When combined with the gold hardware that Fender put on it this guitar goes from beautiful to stunning. The pickguard with the letters "SRV" enscribed is also a very nice touch.

2004 American Strat, an early '60s "oval" neck shape, pao ferro fingerboard with jumbo frets, three Fender Texas Special single-coil pickups and 5-way selector, gold-plated hardware and an inverted left-hand Vintage tremolo unit. Also came with a beautiful tweed case. Fender really put together a Strat as close to Stevie's as one could find. Many people would think that the left handed tremolo is wierd but I believe it is way easier to access and use during playing compared to a right handed tremolo.

ktownsxfinest
    well, i hav his brothers guitar jimmie vaughn's... ive never tried an SRV one, but his music is great. as for jimmie vaughn, i know nothing of him, lol, but his guitar is great. i love my tex mex strat- its reliable, beautiful, lasts, sounds awesome, and most of all can fit any style. jimmie vaughn's guitar is great! even comes with a hendrix sticker on the pickguard plastic, lol.
    Who66
    i agree with much of this. the SRV is great but a tad delicate. its versatility stylewise is great too.
    mashedpotatoes
    M4jorpiz wrote: i would suck dick for this guitar jk lol well mabey
    M4jorpiz wrote: i would suck dick for this guitar jk lol well mabey
    Eww... I believe that's called prostitution... lol
    daimjagv12
    bought one of these 3 years ago bt has chrome hard ware ? had to convert the trm to right hand asit just got in the way,but awsome sound from the texas hot pickups.
    5lX5TRlNG5
    I want the guitar that the greatest musician has ever used..... Well now I need to get a job....