SRV Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: SRV Stratocaster

Purchased from: regent sound studio

This guitar suits my style perfectly which is Texas blues, blues-rock and a little rock, the pickups perfectly give you that hard hitting twang to hard hitting SRV tone. I think where this guitar really shines is on medium Fender style overdrive settings not so much shred distortion although I have achieved a very good shred tone with this guitar on pickup position 4 (neck and middle). The neck is deep and thick which for me is the perfect feel for those huge bends! This guitar scorches the pickups have a tight bass, big midrange and high treble. Gives you the SRV sound, hit them hard! I would rate at: Treble: 7 Middle: 9 Bass: 6 Output: for single coils higher (there overwound for a HOT sound!)

This guitar is my pride 'n' joy! If anything happened to it I would go insane and would deffo buy it again. My favorite feature is the neck/feel and sound the feel is beautiful it suits my death grip perfectly. It was a choice between this and a Gibson LP Standard and for me this wiped the floor with the Les, the tone had that ooomph I was looking for, when I picked up this guitar I knew it was the one I got that feeling! Overall for me the perfect guitar!

This guitar does indeed feel extremely hardy and I believe could withstand gigging. The hardware is very well built and could probably withstand a nuclear blast. Strap stays on no matter what and I would definitely gig this without a backup, it feels extremely well made and sounds it too. The finish is impeccable.

The factory set-up was amazing. The action was at the high end of normal/low end of high. Pickups perfectly adjusted and set. Absolutely no flaws. How ever for me this set up was not for me as I like a high action and heavy strings so I had the guitar set up with a 7/64ths action all the way through with 11-50 handmade pure nickel strings.

Year: 2008 Made: USA Neck: thick oval shape with 21 jumbo frets(the frets are pretty big) Fretboard: pau ferro similar to rosewood The bridge saddles are Vintage along with a beautiful left handed Vintage tremolo system and I have to say having it this way is much easier, just feels like your hand naturally reaches there. The pups in this guitar are absolutely brilliant HOT sounding Texas Special pickups from the custom shop that absolutely scorch. You have one volume two tone controls along with a 5 way pickup selector. The case is a massive bonus an made in USA original Fender case P.S. The neck is a 12 degree radius which is flatter than Vintage which is 7.25 and American Standard at 9.5.

Battery Chicken
    I've played one of these a few times in store and it's a great guitar, but the SRV pickguard is too naff to bare. I would have to swap it out ASAP.
    salauk.bend
    I bought this guitar year ago but always wanted it, since the day I first grabb it in my hands, 7-8 years ago... This guitar is truely piece of history, Fenderˇs masterpiece... Features: 10 Texas specials, 5 way switch, rosewood fingerboard and alder body... Superb combination to superb performance, this guitar is perfectly built and balanced. Sound: 9 I play everything, I mean everything! It is best for blues, jazz, classic rock, funk and pop but also great for alternative music like grunge (STP, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden). Sound is awesome. This is the way that all Strats should sound! Three Tex Specials do the work just fine, slighly sparkly and bright but hot and pure. Only problem is on the bridge position (like all strats) because you canˇt play heavier music like metal, it has truly single-coiled sound. If you wanna upgrade it for something harder, put the hambucker or something like SD Hot Rails or Dimarzio Chopper. Than you can play just everything, from Blind Lemmon Jefferson, John Scofield and Jimmy Hendrix to Sabbath, Alice in Chains and Helmet, just like I do! Action: 8 Well, I must say, this is the hardest Fender to play. Strings are high and the neck is fat, realy fat. Not like other Strats. Personaly, it doesnt fits me the best because I have small hands and I like 009 strings (its made for 012 and 013!), but still its so good guitar that I dont mind it anymore. You get just to it. Sunburst finish is beautiful but slightly sensitive. Reliability: 10 Hard, sturdy and built to last, from the strap pin to tuning pegs. Impression: 10 Iˇve played lots of guitars and I can say that Fender Stratocaster SRV is superb. Guitar is beautiful, well balanced and built, with sound like no other. If it was stolen, I will probably get new one. But be careful, new SRVs are not god as older ones from 90s.