Standard Fat Strat review by Fender

Fender: Standard Fat Strat

Purchased from: Guitar Den

This is the perfect guitar for the music I play, which is mainly Pop-punk (ex. Green Day, Blink 182, etc...) and Emo (The Get Up Kids, Dashboard Confessional, etc...). The invader gives it a great crunchy distortion, while the Lace sensitives give it a great no hum clean sound. I use it with a Marshall JCM900 100watt tube amp, and a Fender 120 watt Ultra Chorus. It has pretty good variety to the types of sounds it can make, but its the best for punk I say.

I've been playing for 2 years. I also own a Fender Stratocaster, and a Gibson Les paul. I have a Marshall JCM900 100 watt amp, and a Fender 120 watt Ultra Chorus. If my fat Strat was stolen or lost, I would prolly buy another one and do the same thing to it as I did to this one. I really dont hate anything aboot it, and I love everything aboot it. oh and uhhhh. I'M A MEXICAN!

This guitar definentaly withstands live playing, at least when I play it live. The hardware seems like its gonna last me awhile. The finish on Fender strats always lasts awhile for me. Right now I have Dunlop (I think) strap locks on there cause my strap used to fall off all the time. I can depend on it good enough, but I still bring my backup (a regular Fender Strat) and my Gibson Les Paul (my down tuned guitar).

Fender is very good at setting up their guitars at their factories I think, the strings arent too high, and the intonation is perfect. The pickups were pretty good when I got it, but I still felt the need to replace them all, b/c I don't enjoy the hum of regular single coils, and the sound with that Fender humbucker is loud enough.

Made in Mexico, 21 frets, vol., tone, 5way selector. I have a S/S/H pickup config, with Fender Lace sensitve gold single coils, and a seymoure duncan invader for the humbucker. It is black with a black pickguard, and the Fender standard bridhge, and the std. Fender tuners.

Chickenfrmheck
    what i wann do is put in a SD hot rail in the neck for lead and then id have the middle for clean and the stock hum for rhythm, but maybe put in a SD there or a dimarzio....sound good ?cause im no good and pickup changing
    Uncle Gibson
    @guitardude1039 Hey I see now that you have one in 3-color sunburst, is that a mexican?
    Pap-man
    Hello everyone!I bought a Standard sereis Squier Fat Strat.It's my First guitar nad i am very happy,even though i play other string instruments,i think it is the best choise for a begginer!i recomend it!The kind of pickups it has offers a great variety of sounds,which the most important for a noob to find his kind of "music"!Mine is made in indonesia but i still am happy,in the beggining nobody can tell the real difference between the indonesian,the mexican and the american one,because nobody knows good enough how to play!!!!
    Pap-man
    minchew
    Jimmy page used a wide assortment of guitars, including strats, teles, and even a danelectro. Slash found his signature sound with a les paul through a marshall, like so many other rock guitarists.
    crazy8rgood
    qotsa1998 wrote: SilverFix69 wrote: that JimmyPageSlash douche is retarded. Neither Jimmy Page nor Slash used Single Coil pups. They both primarily used Les Paul, which do not have single coils. The solo in Stairway to Heaven was recorded on a Tele. And Slash has a huge collextion of guitars, so im guessing he has used some singles in his life.
    Yeah, and besides, I saw an interview with slash saying he used a Stratocaster in studio alot... SO BLAH!
    qotsa1998
    MasterExploder0
    Is this really good enough for a 10 in all categories? Last time someone did that they got the shit flamed out of them
    BassManX
    i helped my friend pick out this guitar, imo the only really appeling colors are black/midnightwine/sunburst with maple fret board, the rose wood makes the guitar look much cheaper and common ( sorry if i offend anyone) and can some one tell me if theres a way to change the pickup "covers" on the humbucker?
    nirvanapwns
    Beck gave Jimmy Page a telecaster with single colis and he also used a strat with them im not sure
    dr_92
    hey i was wondering, if the pickups would need to be changed? ive seen sets for strat and tele but i havent seen a pickup set for fat strat, so i was wonderin if someone could tell me where to get them from
    dr_92
    i couldnt decide between a standard tele and a strat, i was leaning more towards tele coz it looks so different and everyone has a strat, but then i thought, i dont know anyone with a fat strat, so ive decided on a fat strat (arctic white) i have a thing for white guitars
    Zamar721
    (i am talkin to flyboy959) i am lookin at gettin one. i need to know where tho. thanks dude.
    Uncle Gibson
    I consider the idea of bying a mexican fat strat, that would be my second guitar, I already own Aria XL DLX guitar, so please I have two questions: 1. Is it really THAT versatile guitar, because I want some guitar that can play blues, rock, hard rock, heavy metal and power metal? 2. (this is some kind of very stupid question) Is there any in 3-color sunburst color? Because I always wanted Fender Stratocaster in that color, but i think that mexicans are produced only in brown sunburst. Thanks!
    Chickenfrmheck
    and no guitar has a totally solid input jack so stop complaininng unless the thing breaks entirely ok?
    hendrixfanatic
    AcidYoshi wrote: whats ur favourite colour for thesea? I like the sunburst with the maple fretboard
    Black, with maple fretboard, and a black pickguard (if I buy one of these, I'm gonna replace it)
    Halogen300
    SilverFix69, i think JimmyPageSlash ment that MOST of the bands/artists he named (Led Zeppelin,Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Guns n' roses) used single coil(Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix)and the rest of the few(Zeppelin, GNR)use humbuckers.
    SilverFix69
    Der Bomber
    Would you HSS strat owners recommend it for an upgrade purchase? I'm thinking of buying one but don't want to waste money on a beginner/medioker guitar. How is it in "advance" specs?
    TSMEdan
    I got the Arctic White with Maple fretboard...I love it...very nice tone,a little heavy but it doesn't matter...I love this thing...9/10
    40 pancakes
    I'm getting one in Arctic White with the rosewood fretboard. Perfect strat look IMO.
    AcidYoshi
    freebyrd32
    ive had mine for about 8months and the only problems are the input jack is loose and the pickgaurd is peeling up, other than that its a solid guitar
    guitarkid2113
    I have a Mexican Fat Strat bought from GuitarCenter for $500... I like the sound but the intination was off, but I think thats 'cause it was a used guitar. The colors midnight wine red.. Hells yeah.
    slayer99567
    i want a left handed one and string it for right hand just like jimi hendrix except his was the other way around.
    more_less_than_
    yea you need to get better pickups after you get it its one the best quality guitars ever and there for pros thats modify them and use them for different styles
    On Neptune
    im putting a SD Invader in the bridge, so i can get some great distortion for the punk i play, should sound great after its done
    gutu
    i think that if u wanna buy a fender stratocaster u better save some more, because this guitar is too much money for something not so good, with that money u might want to save a bit or probly buy something cheaper if it's your first guitar i so not recomend this guitar to beginners or people who just stop being beginner.... it's way much worth for that price a jackson or a ibanez