Standard Fat Strat review by Fender

Fender: Standard Fat Strat

Purchased from: Musicians Friend (owned by Guitar Center)

I just received this guitar and I am extremely impressed with the fit and finish. After a fine-tune, the guitar plays very well through a Fender ultimate chorus. As stated in several other reviews, there is plenty of variety with this guitar, depending on what settings you choose.

I bought this guitar because I was impressed with it in the store and cannot really "feel" any descernable differences between this one and an "amercian made" version. Although my wallet would certainly feel it! I have been playing 35 years and also own a 1965 Les Paul Special, a 1970 Les Paul Black Beauty, a 1977 Ibenez "Muscian" with active electronics, several accoustics and various other "stuff".

This guitar should withstand whatever you use it for, live, studio, etc. It is built strong enough that I would certainly consider it for a gig without a backup.

Again, fit & finish, first rate. However, the set-up was a little sloppy for me. Call me picky, but the neck pickup was set flush to the body and the intonation settings were all sharp.

2004 made in Mexico Fat Strat. 22 frets, rosewood fingerboard, midnight wine finish, floyd rose locking tremelo, volume, mid, tone, 5-way selector, all pickups, including humbucker, are Fender.