Standard Fat Strat review by Fender

Fender: Standard Fat Strat

I play mainly rock and blues, and this guitar seems to do the job. I play it through a Crate GLX15 amp. I can get a wide variety of sounds using the tone and volume controls on the guitar. If the tone is all the way up, then the sound will be very bright, but if it's all the way down, the sound is very mellow. There is not a a very good medium between the two, though.

Since this is my first electric, I'd say its pretty good. I was debating between this and an Epiphone G-400. I've been playing for one and a half years, and also tried out an Ibanez, though I can't remember the model. I chose this because I thought I could get a wider variety of sounds out of it. My major problems are the tuners and the pickups. I'd reccomend this as a first guitar, because its good value for the price, and it will last longer and give you a better sound than a Squier Strat, which is what I almost got. If I lost this, I would probably replace it and just make a few minor adjustments.

This guitar looks and feels like it can take a beating. It is built solidly, and I'm pretty sure it will last a long time. I have no problems with its durability.

The tuning knobs on this guitar are very loose. I had to adjust mine with a screwdriver, but they still seem to go out of tune sometimes. I would change the pickups, because I don't think the Fender ones sound that great. I haven't done any changes on it myself, but purely because this I smy girst electric guitar, and I want to play it a while before I can make a decision of what pickups I want. I suggest Dimarzio, though.

- Alder body - 21 Vintage style frets - Rosewood fingerboard - Pickups: 1 bridge humbucker, two single coil pickups - One volume knob, two tone knobs - 5 way pickup selector - Vintage style synchronized tremolo.