Standard Fat Strat review by Fender

Fender: Standard Fat Strat

Purchased from: Long And McQuade

I play punk, rock, emo, stuff like Blink 182, Green Day, The Used etc. and this guitar suits it very well, the humbucker makes a great sound. You get the occasional soft buzzing in the background which can get someone annoyed but as long as youre playing you can't hear it, just turn the volume knob down when youre not playing. I use a Marshal MG series amp, it's a practice size. I use a DigiTech Hot Head Distortion pedal aswell and it sounds great with this guitar.

I play Blink, Green Day etc. and this guitar is perfect for it. I've been playing guitar for a while now, don't remember when I started and if this guitar was lost or stolen from me, I would cry first of all because I spent almost 600 on it but its a good price for this guitar. I like this guitar and I think Fender is one of the best guitar companies out there.

This guitar can withstand live playing. I don't hope around or anything when I play so nothing should break off while I play. The hardware seems like it will last a while just I'm afraid about the jack and the strap buttons. I would depend on this guitar because it sounds awesome but maybe I would use a backup at a show.

This guitar is pretty well built. It's solid. The pickups are adjusted well. Everything about this guitar is great apart from the jack and the strap buttons. The strap buttons turn and I don't think thats supposed to happen so I'm gonna tighten them up and jack thing where you plug in the chord is kinda lose, so I'm gonna tighten it with a screw driver, it worked with my old guitar.

Fender makes good guitars, I like them. My guitar is a Stratocaster. It is light blue one with a white scratchplate. It has 21 frets. It is made in mexico. It has a volume knob and 2 tone knobs. It has 2 single coiled pickups and a humbucker. Great guitar.