Standard Fat Strat review by Fender

Fender: Standard Fat Strat

I play true punk rock (Ramones, Casualties, Social D, Clash, Dead Kennedys, etc.) and the humbucker compliments that nicely. I use a 75 watt Fender Frontman, great amo to by the way. It is a tad noisy (nothing I complain about, doesn't bother me), but particularly on the bridge, and bridge/neck pick-ups. Tons of variety, from fast speedy jazz runs, to blues, to punk rock, to what ever the options are endless.

Like I said I play street punk, I have been fooling around for a long time, but have gotten serious within the last 7-8 months, I also own a Johnson acoustic. If it were stolen I would get another Strat. I love the variety of tones, the ease of tuning, and the duriblity the most, I don't like the minor flaws I mentioned before. My favortie feature is the tone capability.

This guitar will withstand a lot of abuse, I'd play with out a back up anytime. The hardware has lasted, and the strap buttons are solid. The finish is awesome, almost perfect (nothing is perfect, but hey), beautiful color.

The guitar was set-up almost flawlessy in the factory, great out of the box. Pick ups were perfect. One of the tones controls is a little wobbly, and there is a little, (what I think is) glue residue at the end of the fretboard.

I have a transparent saphire blue Standard Strat, made in Mexico in the year 2001. 21 Vintage style frets, hardley nticeable while playing. 25. 5" scale. It's got an ash body, rosewood fretboard, and maple neck. I love the rose wood, great tones. It's the modern "C" Strat shape. 1 volume and two controls. 1 humbicker and two single coil pick-ups, humbucker adds a nice crunch. Stock pick-ups still sounding great.