Standard Fat Strat review by Fender

Fender: Standard Fat Strat

I play mostly classic rock, and it works great! The humbucker cancels the humming noise out, which makes it good for use with distortion. The single coils work well for clear, non-distorted sounds. I use a Behringer 210 which works really well with it. I also use a death metal pedal. It has a huge variety of sounds. It's great with any music. Any music at all.

Great for all styles of music, from metal to bach or motzurt. I've been playing for 1 1/2 years, and own a mexican regular Strat and a bass. I like this the best, 'cause the white is just f--king beautiful! I love everything about. If someone stole it, I'd find someone else who had one a kill them and steal theirs. Or just buy another one. Whatever works. I do wish it had a different humbucker (i.e. Dimebucker is what I would like) and Lacesensor pickups, though it might be a bit pricey.

I will (and have a couple of times) use it without a backup. The hardware doesn't decolorize and is still shiny. The strap buttons are just as good as strap-locks. It's actually a pain in the ass to get them off (not that hard, sorta exagerating whatever). Very dependable. Unless you burn it (like Hendrix), smash agianst your amp(like Hendrix) or hump it (like Hendrix, don't know how it would hurt it but) it'll survive as much live playing as anything.

Perfect set-up. Action was low, no fret buzz though. I love the way its set up. Pickups were good. To get a clearer sound, though, adjust the middle and neck to be completely level. I prefer the regular settings though, they sound better in my opinion. No flaws.

2003 Fat Strat, 21 frets, artic white, white pickguard, ash body, rosewood fretboard, strat-style bridge, one humbucker, two single coils, gigbag and strap.