Standard Fat Strat review by Fender

Fender: Standard Fat Strat

Purchased from: Music Machine

I play alot of stuff, from Clapton to Dave Matthews to Norma Jean, it throws out the tone pretty well, you can get really nice throaty palm mutes in drop d, then go to nice single coil vintagey lead tones, in a few seconds. I'm running it through a Behringer GMX210 for now, a little noise, but I'm pretty sure its the cable. You can easily use a compressor and get rid of it though.

This guitar works great for about anything I play, I've been playing almost 3 years now, I own a Seagull S6\+CW, and a Behringer amp, plus effects and some other crappy gear. If it were stolen, I might go for the maple fretboard, or splurge on an American Strat, just for the switching. I wish they had it in HardTail.

I've played it llived twicw so far, no problems so far, strap buttons are way solid, they can take what most will throw out. Hardware seems really good.

I got a in store setup when I bought it, the action was great though, only problem was the intonation needed set, just like any guitar. The g string had a slight buzz, but it was set a little low of the radius.

It's a 2004 midnight wine fat srat, so it has 21 frets, rosewood fretboard, a Vintage style trem, 2 singles and a humbucker in the bridge position, I think the humbucker is a Tex-Mex, not sure though. Only problems I have had are the saddles take getting used too, but once you do, it gets way easier. Only other problem I have had is the treble strings like to go a quarter of a step or so out of tune, if you are using the trem.