Standard Fat Strat review by Fender

Fender: Standard Fat Strat

I play rock and blues, and this fits taht style really well. I'm using this with a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT, as well as a standard crybaby and a Boss MT-2. The pickups do buzz a little when the single coils are selected, but only a little. Since this has single coils and a humbucker, you can get a myriad of sounds. I plan on replacing the humbucker, because Fender doesn't make the greatest ones. Once I put a Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge, I think this guitar will be perfect. I can get bright sounds as well as a warm mellow sound, thanks to the pickups and tone controls.

I play rock and blues, and this suits my style perfectly. I've played for about two years now. I wish I had known that Fender humbuckers didn't give the greatest sound, because then I would have replaced them right there and then, but even now it doesn't make or break my performance. I love taht I can get so many sounds out of one guitar. I almost got an Epiphone G-400, but the Strat seemed more versatile. This is my first electric guitar, and I don't see the need to get another one. Most people complain that Mexican Fenders aren't as good as American ones, but my teacher has the American one, and I honestly don't hear a big difference. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a guitar that will play almost any type of music.

This guitar seems very durable. I've had this for almost a year, and it shows no signs of wear or tear, and I practice pretty much every day. I would definitely use this without a backup.

I got this at Guitar Center, and bought it straigh off of the wall, and it seems fine to me. There were no errors as far as the frets, strings, and string height. The only real flaw was the loose tuning pegs, but I fixed that with a screwdriver.

This is a Fender Standard Fat Strat made in Mexico. It has 21 Vintage style frets and a maple neck. It has an alder body, and I have it in a midnight wine satin polyurethane finish, which looks really sharp. It has 2 standard single coil pickups, and one humbucker in the bridge. It has one volume and two tone knobs, as well as a 5-way pickup selector. It comes with a Vintage style tremolo. It has Fender standard tuning pegs, which move around alot, but a screwdriver can fix that.