Standard Fat Strat review by Fender

Fender: Standard Fat Strat

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

I generally play classic rock, blues, and even some hair metal. The guitar is probably the most versitile that I have played on. With the single coils I can get a beautiful signature Fender clean tone, along with a distorted "woman" sound (think "Sunshine Of Your Love" by Cream and "American Woman" by The Guess Who). It has a great distorted crunch with the hambucker pickup that I use for Led Zeppelin and Guns N' Roses solos. All in all, I am quite impressed!

Classic rock (Jimi Hendrix) + blues (Eric Clapton) + hair metal (Van Halen) = this guitar! Perfect for each of them. My friend has played some new music on it (The Killers, Audioslave, RHCP) and he liked it alot. If it were stolen, I'd beat out of the theif, or get another one. I played my friends Squier Standard Strat then played my Standard Fat Strat, and let me tell you, there's a huge difference in versitility, tone, quality, and speed. If your thinking about getting either a Squier or a Standard Fender guitar, trust me, the extra money will be worth it. Although I will get another guitar (either a Les Paul or a Telecaster) in a few years, I'm never going to sell this guitar. It will grow old with me.

I've only had it for half a year, and I haven't had any problems. Keep in mind though that I'm not very good at taking care of instruments, I have already dropped this guitar while standing about 3 times, and no dents! The standard strings do break frequently, but It's really easy to simply replace them. I like the. 009 gauge though.

Overall the guitar was fairly well made for a non-American Strat. Everything was fine except for a small gap between the fretboard and the body, but it doesn't matter to be honest. It's very cool looking, mine is blue and white.