Standard Fat Strat review by Fender

Fender: Standard Fat Strat

I like to play everything. Right now I am focusing on a lot of guitar vitruoso stuff like Vai and Satriani. This suits the purpose perfectly. But just one thing. Change the pickups. You have no idea how much it improves the sound. It's mind boggling. I decided to go crazy one day and bought a Seymour Duncan JB for the bridge, a Hotrails for the Middle, and a Hot Rails for the neck. God strike me dead this guitar sounds amazing now. It really is made out of good wood. The pickups just aren't the greatest. Change them and you will be in heaven. Before I changed the pickups the tone was just ok. The single coil pickups had a surprisingly nice punch and they sounded good clean. I liked the single coils. The humbucker though had not enough output. In fact it didn't have a bunch more than the single coils. The pickup change fixed everything though. Now everything sounds fantastic clean and distorted.

Very good guitar. It just wont stay in tune when I use the tremolo and it's input jack keeps getting loose. Other than that it's awesome. Very nice tone great neck and it's nice and light. Very comfortable to play and has a great tone especially after I changed the pickups.

This guitar is extremly durable. It took quite a few falls and bumps but it's still in fantastic condition. My main problem is with the tremolo. The tremolo puts it out of tune fast. I would be afraid to use the tremolo live. It puts it out of tune in three or four power dives it's crazy. The input jack also keeps getting loose. It doesn't affect playability or anything it just is annoying that's all.

Very well set up. I had no problems at all when I bought it. The action was nice and low and the pickups we adjusted fine. I put them a little higher though. No flaws.

Mine was made in 05 and it's in the awesome electron blue finish. It has one master volume knob and two tone knobs one for the middle pickup and one for the neck. Too bad there isn't one for the bridge. It has two single coils for your bright tones and a humbucker which gives you a lot more crunch. It has a tremolo which is nice except for the problems below. The bridge is also good too I haven't had any problems with it. I also love the five way selector switch it can really give you a plethora of tones.