Standard Fat Strat review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.2 Neat
Fender: Standard Fat Strat

Price paid: A$ 780

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music

I play rock and punk, I used this with a Marshall AVT150FX, there's lots of noise and feedback on any settings I used, I would have to fiddle with the amp to try and cover up the the feedback as much as possible but afterwards it sounded great. This guitar can't get too far, in terms of tone, as it doesn't have much sustain.

I think this guitar could be suited to any genre of music. I've been playing for four years, If it were stolen I might buy another start however it would be customised close after purchase. I love it's weight, it is so light I could throw it over a barn. I hate the colour scheme the most, black and white seems so dull. I chose this because I wanted a versatile guitar, I did get a versatile one, howver the longevity of it's use was not long at all.

No it won't I've only gigged with it a few times and it already showed too much wear, the hardware just falls apart really, so you might want to give it a complete overhaul in that section aswell as the pickups. The finish is pretty solid, I've only got one small nick out the back of it and a couple of scratches but those are my fault for playing with it in front of my desk where it would be scratched.

The action was high, I usually don't like it like this but I got used to it, the pickups are probably the worst part about this guitar, whenever the humbucker is not in distortion you can really see how bland it is. The only flaw I have found is that one of the pickup height screws came loose and I had a whole lot of trouble finding a screw that would work with it.

This is a Fender Standard Fat Strat made in mexico, in 2004/2005. It has 21 frets, black finish with a white pickguard. The body is made of alder and the neck is made of maple with a rosewood fretboard, a volume knob and two tone knobs and a 5 way selector. No extra accessories were included not even the whammy bar that should've came with it.