Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: eBay

It suits my music style very well. I play punk stuff, hardcore, and mabye some alternative in there somewhere. The clean sound is very nice, on any pickup, and the distortion is great too, but I still prefer the humbucker distortion, and this guitar lacks that. It's not really noisy, but there is a slight buzz when using only one pickup (neck alone, middle alone, or bridge alone).

This guitar is a great match for anyone who plays punk, or pop-punk. For the metal, I'd go with something with a humbucker, mabye a Fat Strat. I've been playing for a year now, I own an Epiphone Les Paul Special II (great guitar)and a Fender Frontman II 25R. If my Strat was stolen, I'd probably buy a new one, particulary black with rosewood fretboard.

This guitar could definately withstand playing live. It's Fender quality, why wouldn't it? This guitar is definately built to last. The strap buttons are nice, they wouldn't crap out on you. I'd take it on a gig, but I'd still bring my other guitar, just because it's got a different pickup configuration (Les Paul - 2 humbuckers).

The guitar looks nice, no flaws really. The neck is great (maple), and it's easy to move up and down on it.

Not sure what year it was made in (got it on ebay) but it looks brand new. It has 21 frets, 5-way pickup selector, one volume knob and two tone knobs - one for the middle pickup, one for the neck. 3 pickups, one bridge, one middle, one neck. Also has an alder body, and is very light. Tremelo bridge.