Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

I play all sorts of types of music but I really love to play stuff along the lines of oasis. The guitar has a great sound and I love it. The 5-way selector really gives you the oppurtunity to play around with just about any sound you want. I use a little Marshall MG10CD and even though its not the greatest amp in the world I can make some serious noise with this guitar. The tone controls, along with the 5-way selector, allows you to go from a bright sharp tone to a rich full sound. In the sound department I have no complaints.

Once again I play just about anything I feel like. I do play a lot of Oasis, and even some punk stuff and this guitar delivers. I've been playing around 3 years and I've had this guitar for almost 1 and I love the thing. The guitar is well built and it gives a great sound, I have no real complaints. If it were stolen I would definantly buy a new one! I love the look and the sound is there anything else to love? It's not the greatest guitar out there, I must admit, but it is fairly cheap and its worth every penny and more. I would reccomend this guitar to anyone who is looking for one. It's a Strat for christ sake, you just can't go wrong with this guitar. It's a quality, versatile, overall great guitar!

This guitar is built solid. It can withstand just about any abuse you can give it. I've dropped it on multiple occasions and I have slammed it into just about every solid object in my house and the thing still sounds as good (and looks as good) as the day I bought it. You could definantly play this thing at a gig without problems, it's a well built guitar.

The guitar itself is built sturdy, just like any other Fender guitar. The only complaint I have is that my guitar seems to go out of tune alot! I do use a wammy bar on occasion so that could contribute to it but even when I have the thing out I have to tune the guitar every couple of days and sometimes more. Other then that I have no issues.

This guitar was made in Mexico. Is it a problem that it was built in Mexico? Hell no, that isn't even very relevant. The guitar has 21 frets mine is a maple neck as well as a maple fingerboard, the guitar also has a basic Strat alder body. Mine is a Brown Sunburst finish which I think looks great! The guitar comes equipped with a main volume control and two tone controls as well as a 5-way selector which gives you a wide range of sounds for just about any type of music you want to play.