Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: Bavas Music city

I play blues on it. I use it with a Fender Blues Junior and a Randall RG100SC, it has a great clean and a bright distortion, before I swaped the pickups which was about a year after I bought it, I loved the sound in it. But now it is even better. The tonal variety is great for single coils, it can play basically, anything except your hard rock or metal.

I love this thing. It is my favourite guitar, and I play it everyday. I like everything about it. Espacially the brown sunburst finsih which looks great.

I played a show at school with it, and it did withstand live playing, the hardware has lasted, I put dunlop straplocks on.

It was set up great excewpt for the action, which I changed anyway. Pickups were perfect. The only floor was that the volume knob fell off after a week, I took it and he replaced it for free.

It was made in 2003 which was when I bought it, made in Mexico. 21 frets, rosewood fretboard, neck is maple, body is alder, it's obviously a Strat styled body, the bridge is srandard tremolo, it had a 3-way selector which I switched out for a 5 way. 2 tone and 1 volume controls, I replaced the tuners, with sperzel locking, I also changed the standard pickups in it to a set of Fender Vintage noiseless. I also got a hardcase with it.