Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: My Friend

The Fender Strat is a classic beauty. But it doesn't always get those sounds you want. I like to play some clean metal, rock, and a little bit of acoustics. You need a nice amp to get those sounds. I got an old Roland 25 watt and it ain't working so good. The feedback is awesome when you want it. But when you want to get rid of it, it can be a little tricky.

Now don't get me wrong. This is a nice guitar. Just if your looking for a top notch this isn't the one. If your a beginner and kinda new to guitar. You'll love it! It's easy to play and it has dot inlays so it is easier to tell where the 12th fret is. I love the 5-way selector but it is just a little to noisy. But it doesn't stop me from rockin' to a good riff. I thing this would rock with some better pickups. Other than that, it is a nice guitar!

Sure, play it on a gig. What do I care? But! If you wanna get better sound from a Strat upgrade to a nicer one. The cap to the 5-way selector keeps falling off! I put a strap lock system on it because if you turn the right way it falls off. I don't really think of it as a dependable guitar. But I think it will last.

Hello Mexico! I don't think it was assembled above average. I was disappionted with that. The pickups are OK. Everything was in spot. But there was just not that quality that you want from a guitar.

This is a nice beginner guitar that was made in Mexico. It has 21 frets and the neck and scale fits all sizes. Mine is black with a white pickguard. Of course the cutaway lets you reach all the frets. The string-thru body gets annoying when you're trying to string it. It has one volume and 2 tones with a 5-way selector. It has three pickups that give a kind of feedbackish sound. Just like Hendrix! All the tuners are on the top of the head just like basically all fenders. I got no case with it so it has taken a little beating.