Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: Best Buy

It doesn't suit my style at all but it can sound good if you set the amp and volume just right. If you have the distortion on the amp off and have it set to clean, it sounds okay, but distortion sucks ass. It makes a lot of noise and buzz in anything past the 4 on the guitar volume or 3 on amp volume. The bass control on the amp makes the bass strings sound louder and mostly the same (slight buzz when set to 10 though), but the treble control makes the thin strings sound terrible. The strings sound, instead of clean and rich and smooth like they should sound, give of more buzz and noise that anything else except chords. That's another thing, when you play a chord with 4 or more strings sounding at once it gives bad buzz and noise. This guitar sucks when it comes to sound.

As I said before, I like playing metal/rock oriented stuff. Matches in no way at all. I've been playing since I got it on christmas. I wished I asked what would be a good beginning guitar for somebody who likes playing metal, I'm sure they wouldn't tell me this guitar would be good. Oh well if it got stolen or something then I would get a better guitar. I love the fact that I can learn to play guitar with it, but that's about it. I don't really like Strats anyway. Wish it was better sounding on distortion.

Well, it is surprisingly very dependent. It's gotten so many bumps but still sounds abut the same, just as bad as always. But the straps sucked. First they kept coming off, then they broke. I bought a new set from Fender and they stay on since they are much thicker.

I don't really know much about this, but as far as I know, the guitar is perfect, seems to go out of tune quickly though. Strings are a lot looser than they should be.

It's a normal Stratocaster that comes with all the things a newbie needs to Start. It has 21 frets, don't know what specific types of frets it is since I've only been playing since I got it. Has a practice amp that has distortion and a volume and bass and treble controls. It has 1 volume and 2 tone controls. I play metal and rock type stuff, I'd much rather have a V but this is what I got, I'm poor.